Anime to watch when you are bored

Anime to watch when you are bored

Soren Fox, Sports Writer

If you’re bored and looking for something to watch, I think that you should check out some of my suggested anime. Anime is style of Japanese television animation. Typically, anime is based off manga, which are basically comic books. If you have never watched these shows before I highly suggest you do, because they are not like the typical shows you would watch on TV; they are much more diverse in their content. Also, due to the popularity of these shows, most have been dubbed in English.

My first recommendations are Naruto and Naruto Shippuden. Both are about a young boy and his hopes of being recognized as the strongest ninja in his village, the Hokage. If you are interested in action and a good underdog story, this is for you.

Naruto consists of a wide variety of characters and many battles. I would rate this series 4/5 because the animation in the beginning is lacking, but the storyline makes up for it. Also, towards the end of the series, there are many filler episodes because the anime outpaces the manga.

Naruto Shippuden is the sequel to Naruto; it still focuses on Naruto as the main character, but three years older. You will have to watch Naruto before this or you will be confused. His adventures are more intense and more characters are introduced.

Personally, I think that the storyline is way better and more interesting overall. I would rate this 4.5/5 because the animation is better. The only downfall is it has way more fillers, but they all have to do with the story and there is no harm in viewing them because they are fun to watch.

My next recommendation would be Bleach. This and Naruto tie for my favorite anime. The story is about a 15 year old high school student who gains powers and uses them to protect humans and to fight evil spirits. I would give this anime a 3.5/5 because it’s a little confusing to follow at first. They throw a lot at you in the first couple of episodes, but it gets better as the series progresses.

Another problem is that there are a lot of fillers that do not really go with the story line. The last thing is that the anime and manga are very different in terms of the relationships between characters, but the storyline is very interesting and a great concept for a manga/anime.

Recommendation No. 4 would be Tokyo Ghoul. The story follows the life of a 19 year old boy named Kaneki Ken encounters a ghoul which are individuals that survive by eating flesh. When the ghoul and Kaneki get into an accident her organs are transferred to his and his life changes forever.

I would give this anime a 4.5/5 because the storyline is very creative and there is a wide variety of characters. The only thing that I didn’t like was how confusing the show got the more I watched it. This anime is very gory/horror so if you are not into that I would not watch it.

My final recommendation is Mob Psycho 100, the show is about an average middle schooler who has psychic powers and as he grows older his psychic powers get stronger and when he reaches full level of emotional distress he releases his powers. I would give this anime a 5/5 it’s funny and action pact and the animation is awesome. I believe anyone would enjoy this anime.

I hope you enjoy these animes as much as I do.