Student Assembly Spirit Video

Liz Hagan

Tomorrow, Student Assembly will begin their production of a spirit video featuring East students. The video will include five different songs to which students will lip sync: “Thank U, Next,” “Year 3000,” “Crank That,” “On Top of the World,” and “Ain’t No Man.”

The video will be filmed by a local videography company called LoveWell Productions. Abby Martin, a senior in Student Assembly who is helping organize the video, is looking forward to filming with them.

“We are really excited to work with them, especially because we decided to do the video so late in the year,” Martin said. “Since it is our first attempt, it will be nice to have a professional showing us the ropes.”

With more creative freedom than usual, Student Assembly began brainstorming ideas. The idea for a spirit video originated in a brainstorming session that was held during one of their meetings. It quickly became a popular choice within the club and they went with it.

“We decided to do something that could get school wide interaction in a unique way and the spirit video seemed like the best choice,” Martin said.

The plan for the video is to showcase the unique aspects of East as well as some of its students. Student Assembly plans on featuring students from every grade in the video, but they have also selected a few outgoing students to lip sync.

This is the first year a spirit video will be filmed featuring East’s student body. While the Student Assembly club is unsure of whether or not the spirit video will continue in the future, they hope it will be a success this year.

“It’s a very cool idea that we hope to follow through, but [doing it again] just depends on how this year goes and everything we learn,” Martin said.