Meet the Staff: Kloe Roberts

Ethan Glaid, Managing Editor

When it comes to high school, the struggle to balance work and extra-curricular activities all while maintaining a great GPA can present a huge challenge for many students. However, junior Kloe Roberts takes this challenge head-on.

Roberts has a multitude of commitments outside of school including her part-time job working at the Columbus Regional Hospital cafeteria.

“It is a very rewarding experience because it helps me gain experience for future jobs,” Roberts said.

Not only does she take a lot of time to work out of school, but she is also a member of the National Honor Society here at East. 

“I try really hard to make my grades a priority and make sure they are exactly where they need to be,” Robters said.

While Roberts has not only been able to show she is a stellar person academic wise, she is also able to show her passion for helping others around her through her involvement with extracurricular activities. 

“I just have a heart for serving and helping the community,” Roberts said. 

Roberts is a valuable member of Key Club at East, as she is the secretary. Not only does she help serve her community, but she is responsible for all new members as well as logging everyone’s project hours. 

However, her kind virtue is not restricted to school clubs. She is also an active member of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church.

“Over the summer, as a youth group, we went and cleaned up the fair booth this summer,” Roberts said. “We wanted to make sure it was all ready to go for the booth workers.” 

With such a complicated and labor-intensive schedule Roberts, like almost all high schoolers, can find herself deep into a pit of anxiety. 

“I probably cry twice a night due to my workload from school,” Roberts said.

While this is a very common problem amongst all high schoolers, there are various different ways of dealing with the stress and anxiety that comes along with extra-curricular activities and school. While some may often choose to let their stress overcome them, Roberts only uses it as fuel to improve.