Olympian basketball ready for sectionals

Sophomore+Addy+Galarno+dribbles+past+her+Greensburg+defenders+during+a+game+earlier+this+season.+

Rebecca Smith

Sophomore Addy Galarno dribbles past her Greensburg defenders during a game earlier this season.

Nicole Hendrickson, Writer

Tonight at 7:30, the Lady Olympians basketball team we take on the Shelbyville Golden Bears in the first round of sectionals.

Shelbyville is not a new foe to the Olympians. However, the Lady O’s have not faced the Bears for two years.

“I played them my first two years, and we beat them both times,” said senior Audrey Wetzel. “My third year they dropped us from the schedule.”

Although Shelbyville dropped the East squad from their schedule, it will not be an easy defeat. The Golden Bears have a record better than 500.

“We need to take it one game at a time and we need to be pressing them because we’ve heard that they don’t take pressure well. What I want from my team is to go out ready to play from the start and keep the intensity through the whole game,” said Wetzel.

The Olympians will be playing with heart tonight, and will be putting their hard work over the season to the test.

“We have worked hard as a team to get to where we are this season. Winning this will only keep our momentum up, going forward into tough games,” said junior Kennedi Satterfield.