Books becoming movies in 2015

Irma Bruce

(From left to right) Allegiant, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass and Let it Snow are popular books that will premiere in theaters by the end of 2016.

Michaela Landis, Writer

The Choice by Nicholas Sparks

February of 2016

Travis Parker is living a man’s dream life: a good job, loyal friends, and even a house on the waterfront in a small-town in North Carolina. He has a vague belief that a serious relationship will cramp his style until Gabby Holland moves next door. The Choice ultimately confronts us with the most heartbreaking question out there: how far would you go to keep the hope of love alive?

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith

February of 2016

An unknown plague has fallen upon the quiet village of Meryton which causes the dead to come back to life. Spunky heroine Meryton Bennet is on the quest to wipe out the zombie menace. Bennet is soon distracted by the arrival of know-it-all Mr. Darcy. Following the introduction is a delightful comedy of manners with many of civilized quarrel of two young lovers and an even more violent fight on the battlefield that is blood-soaked.

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

March of 2016

The third book in the Divergent Series. The society Tris Prior once believed in is now shattered by violence, power struggles, and scarred by loss and betrayal. The offer comes up to go to an unknown place she is ready. Tris’s new life will be more alarming than the life she left behind.

Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll

May of  2016

The imaginative and young Alice follows impulsive Hare underground to come face-to-face strange adventures with some unbelievable characters. She meets the Ugly Duchess, the Mad Hatter, the Mock Turtle that is down in the dumps, the one of a kind Cheshire Cat, and the wicked Queen of Hearts while on her adventures underground.

Fallen by Lauren Kate

September of 2016

17-year-old Lucinda has fallen in love with Daniel at her new school. He is a gorgeous, intelligent boy that come to find out is a fallen angel. She knows it is meant to be but she can never be with him. Good and evil forces have kept them apart during the lifetimes they have spent finding and losing one another.

Inferno by Dan Brown

October of 2016

Robert Langdon, symbology professor at Harvard, is intrigued by history’s most mysterious literary masterpieces… Dante’s Inferno. He is pulled into a landscape of classic art, secret passageways, and futuristic science. Before the world becomes permanently altered, Langdon races to find the answers and decide whom to trust.

A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

October of 2016

The monster showed up after midnight but it wasn’t the monster Conor is used to. He was expecting the one from the nightmare he’s been having almost every night since his mom began treatment. The monster that showed up was ancient and wild. It wants the truth which happens to be the most dangerous thing to want.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling

November of 2016

This book is based off of a textbook used by wizard Harry Potter while studying at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The book provides descriptions of a wide assortment of magical creatures and has advice on how to care for the creatures.

Let it Snow by Maureen Johnson, John Green, and Lauren Myracle

December of 2016

A snowstorm on Christmas Eve changes a small town into a romantic haven. Three connected stories are entwined into one.  A kiss from a charming stranger is the result from a cold and wet walk from a stranded train in the middle of nowhere. Walking through four feet of snow to get to the Waffle House leads to the love of old friends. True love begins with an early morning shift at Starbucks.

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

December of 2016

After a family tragedy sixteen-year-old Jacob travels to a remote islands where he discovers an abandoned orphanage. After investigating the orphanage he discovers that the children who used to live there might have been dangerous and stuck in quarantine but his biggest discovery is that the children might still be alive.