Opinion: Resource

Dustin Rodgers

East students work hard in resource.

Natalie Glaid, Features Editor

While thinking through one’s high school schedule, resource is often deemed as the best “class” of the day.

At East, resource is a time of day specifically dedicated to allowing students to work on homework, ask teachers questions or catch up on late assignments.

However, the great benefits of resource partnered with the open layout of East’s resource floor provides students with the ever-present challenge of staying focused.

Therefore, the idea of having a schedule with multiple resources is considered to be somewhat controversial.

I currently have two resources, as well as a double lunch because of the class Leap Mentors. At the beginning of the school year, I requested two resources due to the predicted intensity and heavy workload of my rigorous schedule – and they have proven to be very advantageous.

But, as an extrovert, I know all too well that the temptation of social interaction is difficult to resist. My love and appreciation for resource has not declined because of this temptation, however my efficiency has definitely been tested.

I imagine it’d be difficult to find students that object to the possession of numerous resources, for resource supplies students with the opportunity to be both social and productive. Overall, I am thankful to go to a school that promotes educational advancement in a fun, interactive manner.