The official news website of Columbus East High School
Alexis+Kieninger

Alexis Kieninger

Dear Mr. Smith,                                                                     

In true spirit of teacher appreciation week, I want to tell you why I am thankful for you. Throughout all my years of school, it has been rare to find a teacher as kind and understanding as you. You put yourself in your students’ shoes, you do not assume what goes on in our personal lives and if something is wrong with our grade, you will pull us aside and come up with a game plan on how to fix it. You are also extremely considerate, you provide a snack drawer in your room knowing your students are hungry and let your classes have an input on how you are planning to teach the next topic. By doing all of this, you provide a learning environment that feels relaxed and comfortable. You made one of the classes I dreaded most a class I would look forward to. 

Personally I have been so thankful to have you as a teacher because of your willingness and ability to listen. No matter the issue I had going on in life, or in your class, you took the time to sit down and figure out what the problem was. Then you would offer me advice, or work the problem out with me. Not only that, but I had some problems you related to personally, and you took the time to tell me about your experiences and told me a few different ways I could handle it. 

It is all these little things that define a good teacher from a great one. You, Mr. Smith, are the BEST one. Thank you for being you and putting your students first. You will be a teacher I will always remember and be grateful for. Your students now, and for years to come should appreciate how much you do for them and how hard you work. You should be proud that you do that much for your students and do your best to provide them with an education they can use and understand. Thank you Mr. Smith for being the best teacher I have had.  

Sincerely,

Alexis Kieninger

CEHS News • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All CEHS News Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *