The official news website of Columbus East High School
Alli+Barnette

Alli Barnette

Dear Mr. Smith,

I haven’t spoken to you since you went from being an awesome Algebra teacher to an awesome Chemistry teacher. Even though I am frustrated that you are technically not my teacher anymore, I still appreciate you nonetheless. You have a way of relating to your students, and somehow you made math class fun. (Which before my junior year, I never thought was possible.) Your energy and considerate teaching made me understand Algebra, even on the days that I didn’t want to learn. 

There are so many stories I can tell, I’m not sure which one is my favorite. I just remember walking into your class and everyone would have a discussion for the first ten minutes. You made sure we were all doing okay before teaching us. I never experienced that in a teacher and I appreciate it immensely. You would also keep snacks for us, which was so nice. I always love to see a teacher who is obviously passionate about their job and students. You made every single one of us feel so welcomed. Every day you were in a good mood; I don’t know how you did it. Even when students were testing your patience, you still had a smile on your face. It made the classroom bright and happy.

Thank you for making me realize that math is not impossible. You gave me confidence in myself to know that I can learn anything I put my mind to. I am forever grateful that I got a teacher like you. You taught me much more than just Algebra, but how to stick up for myself and to not get overly frustrated if I don’t understand something from the start. I hope Chemistry class is treating you well and that the students understand how lucky they are to have you. Please stay safe during these times! Fourth mod misses you more than you know. 

Your former student,

Alli Barnette

P.S. Has the hair on your head started to grow yet?

CEHS News • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All CEHS News Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *