The official news website of Columbus East High School
Monica+Burton

Monica Burton

Dear Ms. Heath, 

When I came in my sophomore year, I was pretty upset that Mr. Duncan left. He was a cool teacher and fun. However, I look back now, and I would not change anything for the world. I got to be introduced to you and your charming personality. I started to learn a lot more about journalism and Indesign, especially. I also joined the Speech Team that same year. A fun fact that you probably do not know is that Hope and I made a deal that if she joined Speech with me, I would join the Softball team. I am glad she agreed because Speech has made a significant impact on our lives. Even though we did not become as close my sophomore year, this year we did, and I am very grateful. I am glad that I joined Exempt this season because you helped me improve my public speaking a lot. I have always been a big planner that has to know what I am doing before I do it, and Exempt intimidated me because you are thinking on the fly. I had a rough start with barely getting any words out, but I blame part of that on the fact it was that time of the month, and I hardly got any sleep, so tears were expected to happen. In time, I could tell I was improving and enjoyed Exempt. I did not enjoy some of the questions if they did not pertain to politics or the elections, but it was good for me to expand my knowledge. 

Out of all of this, I want to say thank you for all you have done for me these past two years. Thank you for believing in me, talking with me in resource, hearing my rants, or issues, explaining why Ms. Kannianen uses Ms. even though she is married, always being a ray of sunshine that brightens my day and so much more. You are one of the funniest people I have met and one of the best-dressed teachers. Even though I may not be in your class next year, I know we will still chat and have Speech together. You inspire me so much with your personality and charisma. You are a fantastic coach, teacher and friend. I still remember how you put that bird in the Christmas gift exchange that Matt got. He honestly loved it. Also, I still think the Fishers’ meet last year was one of the best even though that school is too big and not fun to get around. Not only because we stopped at Steak n’ Shake, but we had to ride in all the coaches’ cars, and since I was in Anna’s, I got to hear your long, explicit rant since you did not know you were on the car speaker. Anyways, I appreciate you so much and have enjoyed getting to know you these past two years. 

Sincerely, your student who is very lucky that there is spell check on here, 

Monica Burton

P.S. I know you said you downloaded Tik Tok, so we both know the topic I will push for next year for Info. My teammates and I will not go down without a fight. We both know how addicting it is and how funny some of the videos are. I could write a really good piece that is both funny and knowledgeable since there is a lot of information that the average person would not know unless they are a 16-year-old Tik Tok addict like me. 

CEHS News • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All CEHS News Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *