East to face Jennings County in second HHC match-up

Senior Sam Dwenger speaks with assistant coach Eddie Vogel.

Austin Lewis

Caleb Davidson, Writer

Columbus East will be taking on their conference opponent Jennings County Friday at 7:00. This is East’s third away game out of their last four, but the location doesn’t seem to affect the Olympian players’ confidence in the slightest.

“It’s certainly a lot more fun to play at home, but our team is really good at being prepared and being able to adjust to different places,” said junior wide receiver Caleb Voelker.

East will be coming into the game with a lot of momentum after last week’s 69-12 thrashing of the Seymour Owls. The Olympians are running on all cylinders and look to keep up the high scoring offense and strong defense this week.

The Jennings County Panthers have revitalized their offense and have a good running game. So far, the Panthers are averaging just over 240 rushing yards a game compared to only 160 passing yards.

The Olympians have put a lot of work into preparing the defense for Friday’s game. While Jennings County is known for having some bigger players, the Olympians are ready to accept this challenge. East has already accumulated twenty tackles for a loss through just three games.

“[Jennings County] has some bigger players and like to run the run the ball, but as long as everyone plays their part well on defense, we’ll continue to make stops,” said sophomore Safety Caleb Pettit.

Both the Panthers and Olympians will be coming into tonight’s game fresh off a win. East looks to light the flame that sends the Panthers running back home and maintain a perfect record on the season.