East prepares to face Seymour in HHC opener

Senior Steven ONeal attempts to leap over a defender during the Olympians game against the Columbus North Bulldogs.

Austin Lewis

Senior Steven O’Neal attempts to leap over a defender during the Olympian’s game against the Columbus North Bulldogs.

Caleb Davidson, Writer

This Friday, Columbus East will face off against their Hoosier Hills Conference foe Seymour Owls. This will be East’s first conference game of the season. It will be the second conference confrontation for the Owls.

East will come into the game with an undefeated 2-0 record after beating cross-town rival Columbus North last Friday. Seymour’s record is 0-2.

The Olympians have prepared for their first conference game by practicing hard and studying film.

“It’s a lot of mental preparation, but it’s definitely worth it,” said East head coach Bob Gaddis.

The East players are very excited about the game against the Owls following an impressive win last week over their biggest rival Columbus North. East will be coming in with a lot of momentum defending their undefeated record.

Sophomore Josh Major will be East’s starting quarterback in place of injured senior K.J. McCarter. Major’s objective for the offense is to put up more points.

“We’ve been having to punt a little too much on offensive. I’d like to be more efficient and score more points,” said Major.

On the other side of the ball, The Olympian defense is also talking about improvement for this week against the Owls.

“We’ve been working hard to have a really strong front line and be able to pursue the quarterback and running back behind the line of scrimmage,” said linebacker Carson Gilpin.

The game looks to be another great outing for the Olympians as they hope to light up the Owls this Friday.