Student band adds entertainment to home wrestling meets

MacKenzie Browm

MacKenzie Brown, Writer

In high school, you would normally see the band at football and basketball games, but what about at a wrestling meet? At the meet, parents and students were confused about why the band was there, but excited about it. The East students involved in the band include sophomore Isaac Harper, senior Clayton Kroger, and juniors Jadon Darnell, Caleb Foster and Corbin Parmer.

Kroger was asked by wrestling coach Chris Cooper to start playing at the home wrestling meets. During the meets, the matches have breaks between wrestlers, where the band is given the opportunity to play.

Before the meet started, the wrestlers seemed more pumped up when they were warming up. The music played was from Metallica, Pantera and Black Sabbath.

Athletic Director Pete Huse was watching the meet and said, “I think it’s a great idea. It’s adding a lot to the meet, and I just wish they could have played longer.”

After the meet, the boys played for a little bit longer.

While the band played Coach Chris Cooper said, “It’s probably the greatest addition that we’ve had at our school meets. It’s just awesome and I can’t wait until they play at the next home meet.”

The band ended the night with bang, and left people wanting more. It had the students of East more excited for the meets.

East student sophomore Jessica Thompson said, “I like having the band here, and I also like the guitars and the drums but over all, I like it a lot.”