College on the Mind

College Fair gives seniors a peace of mind

Noah Shoaf, Writer

College is a word synonymous with being free of worries. College life means sleeping in, choosing your own path, and meeting lifelong friends, but to senior Geni Eggers, planning for college is anything but worry free.

“It really hard applying to college and on top of that you have to decide how far away you want to move. It makes high school harder because you’re juggling college and high school,” Eggers said.

Many seniors are currently feeling how Eggers feels: worried, confused, and stressed.

Luckily on Thursday, juniors and seniors were invited to go learn more about many colleges when East hosted a college fair. Senior Tanner Stevens explained what knowledge he hoped to obtain at the fair.  

“I hope I gain new ideas on the type of college I want to go to, not narrow it down to the exact college I should go to. Rather just narrow down options,” Stevens said.

During the fair students from East, North, Hauser, CSA and Columbus Christian, flocked the gallery level to hear representatives from over 50 colleges in state and out of state discuss their campus. It was a great opportunity for students to ask questions that needed answered about college.

As for Eggers, she is now feeling a little less stressed. She’s happy she went to the fair as many juniors and seniors are too.

“The college fair gave me more options concerning college. It was very beneficial because I was able to ask questions to representatives and not have to look them up online,” Eggers said.

Now students are able to find some peace concerning a very daunting choice.

For more information on all things college sign up for the College and Scholarship Newsletter. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfffD56JIOxdR4XRyxgGmTjdaHxvuRX45jnCebIG86n1pQg7Q/viewform