Meet the Staff: Haili Smith

Alli Barnette, Staff Reporter

Whenever Haili Smith is not hanging with friends or taking pictures for The Oracle, she is usually working hard for her future.

“The influences I’ve been around makes me push myself to make a change to be one of the first in my family to do something with my life,” Smith said. 

Smith joined the newspaper team as a sophomore last year. She decided to take it for an art credit.  

“To be honest, I really don’t like writing. But I needed an art credit for my twenty first scholar,” Smith said. 

Smith is a photographer and hopes to be a graphic designer this year.

“I like nature photography the most because I like being able to capture unique and pretty views from the world,” Smith said.

She is determined to get her degree in business and have a hard working career in the future.

“I’m looking going to IU because they have a good business program and I want to live the full college experience,”  Smith said. “I feel like if you have a business degree, you have a lot of opportunities to get some good jobs.” 

Next to prioritizing her future, Smith is always thinking of her family.

“Yes, I would consider myself to be a family person. I love spending time with my friends but I’ve always been super close with all my family,” Smith said. 

For now, Smith is a hard working student, a loyal friend and a passionate photographer. A bright future is obviously waiting for Smith, and she is more than excited to achieve it.