Ask Alli

Alli Barnette, Staff Reporter

I’m a freshman, and highschool has been kinda hard for me. Please tell me if you have any helpful tips. 

I think everyone’s freshmen year is very tricky. A new school, with a lot of new people, and a big variety of classes. It’s a lot to take in, but at least you know you’ll survive. The best thing you can do for yourself is not only try your VERY best to be responsible, but try to  friends. It’s easier to go through freshman year when you know you have people at school supporting you, plus it doesn’t hurt to be able to text someone if you have any questions on homework. Its okay if you feel clueless, if it makes you feel any better I’m a junior and I still have no idea what I’m doing. You’re not alone, and just like in “High School Musical,” we’re all in this together.

I really want to date this girl, any tips?

The best thing you can do for yourself is to let as much as you can happen naturally. Nobody wants to be into anything pressuring or that feels forceful. Become a good friend, gain her trust, make her laugh. Then you can slowly move to opening doors, buying her starbucks, and complimenting her in a small way like compliment her shirt. Just do not lose hope, when it comes to girls the best thing you can do is be patient. Girls like being independent and will come around whenever they want to.

Whos joe?

Joe Mama. 

Hi how do I unclog my toilet?

That’s one thing I can’t give you advice on.

My best friend is kinda being fake. She talks badly about other people but then still acts like their friend. I’m getting tired of it, what do I do??

Highschool is a really tough time because you really have to be careful who you make friends with. I don’t want to tell you that you should cut off your friend, but sometimes you have to do what’s best for you. The last thing you need in your life right now is that toxicity. I’m really happy that you are aware that what your friend is doing is wrong. I think you can still be her friend just talk to her about it or maybe keep her at arm’s length right now.