East is cracking down on students in resource

Mackenzie Hempstead

Senior Austin Guse does homework in the library during resource.

Karlee Dowd, Students Writer

This year, East is closing lunch mod resources to all students who do not have assigned resource. The goal of closing certain resources during lunch is to keep resource floor from being too crowded and noisy.

Last year, students were known to congregate on resource floor after their lunch and just hang out. Now, teachers help keep resource floor more regulated by only allowing students with assigned resource on the floor.

The only resources open during mod 5A are Math and English. Mrs. O’Neill works for the Math Department and Mrs. Carroll is the English teacher working resource 5A. During 5B the only resources that are open are Science and Math. Mrs. Stilson in Science resource and Mrs. Sublette in Math resource regulate the floor and make sure no students other than the kids assigned to their resource are welcomed on the floor.

Now upperclassman with unassigned resources 5A and 5B, commonly referred to as a double lunch, are expected to find other places to study during their resource mods. Most upperclassmen go off campus for lunch, and when they return it is difficult for students to find quiet places study since the resource floor is off limits.

Senior Austin Guse is one of the students that sit in the library during lunch mods. Guse enjoys coming to the library every day during 5B to relax and work on homework.

“Most of my friends either go off campus or come to the library so that’s why I come here,” Guse said. “It is a lot a more quiet than the cafeteria or commons so it is good for getting stuff done since resource floor is closed.”