The official news website of Columbus East High School

CEHS News

CEHS News

CEHS News

Students of the Future

On January 17th, East High School opened its doors to the incoming freshmen class of 2028. Every year East holds an open house mainly for the eighth-grade students of Columbus to gain a feel of what East has to offer. Although the objective of the open house is to invite incoming high school students it tends to bring in many other people.

It brings in families and children who want to get a head start on their high school path, as well as students from opposing schools who want a different setting for their high school experience. 

The evening started by being greeted at door one by the principal of team 2025, Mr Manual, and several student assembly members handing out pamphlets. All along the art gallery level were stands for all the unique electives East offers. They all had an informational poster along with inviting pictures and examples of what the class had to offer.

Once walking past the elective stands families and students would come upon the commons area where they could grab a cookie and or a lemonade. Finally past the commons is the Cafeteria where all of East’s sports stands were set up. Students were able to explore sports they wanted to try or continue their already beloved sport.

All the stands had information on the overall season, games, and timeline. If a student was interested they could put their information down on a sign-up sheet and stay up to date for tryouts and other important details.

After all guests were able to get a good feel of what East has to offer they were all invited into the auditorium where the principal of East, Dr. Parsons gave a speech to the incoming class of 2028 followed by other faculty members and students getting to speak as well.

Afterward, families and students were released by row to follow their student and faculty leaders for a tour around East. It was a very successful night for East as well as holding the record for most transfer forms given out.